Writing about "yourself" can be challenging especially if you do not have any idea on how to start. Writing about yourself can differ depending on your purpose. There are different things that you can write about yourself and like I've always said it is hard to introduce yourself because you know yourself so well that you do not know where to start with. Now let me give a try to see what kind of image you have about me through my self-description. I hope that my impression about myself and your impression about me are not so different.
I am me, Mariz Dimaguipo. I have used this one name to introduce myself a countless number of times.. No one knows me better than myself. Even though I’m already a year through college, I’m still always learning new things about who I am. Only I can control the way I behave, the way I feel, and the way I react in different situations, no one else has that ability. So it should come as no surprise that I know more about myself than any other individual. There are many characteristics of me that make me unique and distinct from any other person.
The best word that describes me would probably be, “tolerant”. While growing up, I was taught to respect everyone. My parents told me give respect to all those I met, no matter what race, religion, skin color, appearance, or what have you a person was. Those things were not to affect my judgement in any way, shape, or form. I was to treat everyone with the same attitude equally. In my mind, I feel that world tolerance is the only path toward true peace among all nations. That is one of the reasons why I express it so strongly.
The best word that describes me would probably be, “tolerant”. While growing up, I was taught to respect everyone. My parents told me give respect to all those I met, no matter what race, religion, skin color, appearance, or what have you a person was. Those things were not to affect my judgement in any way, shape, or form. I was to treat everyone with the same attitude equally. In my mind, I feel that world tolerance is the only path toward true peace among all nations. That is one of the reasons why I express it so strongly.
In terms of identity I thought that it is important on how others distinguish your character or personality. Some classify identity as the way you look, because that is how others identify you. I wear whatever I want to wear and I am always conscious about my looks but as times goes by I realized that identity is more about your personality. Because your personality, and the way you act, is how others judge and determine what kind of person you are. Either way, everyone’s identity is different. Each person’s identity is shaped by a number of things, his or her parents, their peers, the environment they live in, and everyday life experiences, which may cause them to alter the way they act, think, and do anything.
For now that's all I can say about myself. The person I am today is a sum of different identities . As I exploring myself , I know I will find myself in other roles and acquire more identities as well as I'm still searching and discovering the journey of "real me". Like always people say the whole is always better than the sum of its parts,but to find ME apart from these identities is like peeling an onion : if you keep peeling , you will eventually get to the core.

1 comments:
Thankyou for reading :)
Post a Comment